Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I've taken an extension out of a CDN by mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITTech0315

IS-IT--Management
Sep 1, 2023
US
Hi all,

I'm very new to the Nortel PBX system and it's something that I had to teach myself recently because it was thrown on me. I haven't had to do anything super complicated and I mostly just out extensions and route them over to our Cisco system. We had a user who complained of getting a call from the same extension every morning at 1:22 am. I wasn't sure what this extension was but when I printed the details in LD 20 it showed as a CDN. I then proceeded to go into LD 23 and out the extension without realizing it was somehow tied to the voicemail system. So, is it possible to add that extension back/see how it was configured before? I'm completely new to this and many of our users have moved away from the PBX phones but I was hoping there is some kind of way to figure out how to get this extension configured like it was before.

Thank you in advance!

Always backup before you start to program.

Somebody may answer in this forum but I suggest posting in the PBX forum here for more eyes since that programming is done on the PBX and not the Callpilot.
You can provide a link back to here if you want.

I don't know the M1/Succession well but on the Nortel Norstar Callpilot 1xx or Nortel BCM Callpilot, you look for an available Application DN in the inactive list, then create a Skillset using that DN for your CDN box, when you submit the system then automatically creates the mailbox associated with that CDN DN.
If there is an issue then sometimes we need to delete the Skillset and rebuild it.

This might provide some hints, or not!.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thank you! I'll post this on that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back