Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ive messed up the registry in 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

crassman

Programmer
Feb 14, 2004
GB
how can i restore the system state when backupexec will not start. ive got 24 hours to get my server back up please help. Mike p UK

Have you tried last known good configuration?

Glen A. Johnson
"Give the laziest man the hardest job and he'll find the easiest way to do it."

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Havent tried that yet, will it restore the system state? or put the server back to its original state prior to active directory and Nat settings.

Glen
i not at at the server at the moment had to spent home time with the bird Valantines Day stuff. Im trying to arm myself with as much info as prossible before tackling the problem again. Sorry if im breaking any tek-tips protocols. Mike p

"Give the hardest job to the laziest man and see what happens"

If you have messed up the server where it won't boot normally, last know good configuration will do just that. It should boot to the servers last known GOOD configuration, not to it's original state. Since I don't know what caused the problem, I can't give exact details. Check out...

Hope this helps.

Glen A. Johnson
"Give the laziest man the hardest job and he'll find the easiest way to do it."

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back