Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I've lost TSM Web Gui Password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knutern

Technical User
Mar 5, 2002
NO
And I do not find documentation on how to reset it?

Cheers
Knutern

TSM has user accounts and by default installs one called admin with a default password. Assuming you're referring to your admin password which you've lost, it can be reset but halting your TSM server (you didn't mention what platform you're on but you can either kill the dsmserv process (if unix) or stop the service if windows). Next you'll want to CD to the location of the dsmserv executable (/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin for AIX, or a similar path if windows under program files. For windows this implies opening a command prompt window). Then run the dsmserv command from the command line. This is how you start the TSM server manually from the command line. Once it initializes, you can change the admin password with the "update admin" command. Look it up in the TSM reference guide. Once the password is updated, type "halt" to halt the TSM server and then start it the normal way (start services if windows, run rc.adsmserv in background if unix, or just plain reboot if need be).

If the account is not the admin account but a normal user account, you'll have to have someone with admin privs reset the password for you. But given you're asking this in here i'm assuming you're referring to the admin account.

Thank's Yrrk. It is the windows solution, and it worked after doing so. I did not find the information about shutting down the service and also I did not use the TSM Server command window.

But i managed to change it.

Cheers
Knutern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back