Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I've just discovered that my no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dor100

Technical User
Apr 9, 2001
US

I've just discovered that my normal H: drive folders were mapped to a D: drive which to my knowledge is accessible to all users, unlike my H: drive where all my private work is.

I've been having some strange and serious problems with Access 97 on a Novell client for Win NT 4.0. Others have had serious problems, too. One high level manager has entertained the possibility that it could be intentional sabotage.

I have no idea who linked my account to this D: drive, but I do believe it rendered all of my private work accessible to 'outsiders.' I disconnected the link, but, not being a network professional, and knowing only a little about it, I would appreciate if some of you experts would tell me how to avoid such a thing in the future. For instance, is there an option somewhere in Windows Explorer that will immediately tell me all the drives to which my H: drive has been mapped--in case there's some other invisible links? Also, could this D: drive or other drives be linked again to my H: drive, then rendered 'Hidden,' so that I won't even be able to discover it? Or will it always have to be visible in Windows Explorer if it is mapped to me? Is there a piece of software that will give me the info about all of these mappings or links, such as maybe this: Nwadmnnt.exe??

I would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me how to quickly discover all visible and invisible links or mappings to my private H: drive account. Thanks a lot.

---Dorian Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back