Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I've got a problem making report by

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByzantianX

Programmer
Dec 18, 2000
I've got a problem making report by data report in vb6. Report should be printed in custom paper format (18mm larger than A4). The printer is HP LaserJet 1100. Report width is around 16000 twips. I tried to set the required parameters to HP1100 with printer object, like:

dim pr as printer
for each pr in printers
if pr.devicename="HP LaserJet 1100" then
set printer=pr
exit for
end if
next

printer.orientation=2
printer.height=17000

etc., but that does not have any impact on real hp1100 settings (I guess because of the driver). Then I tried to manually set the parameters and when I tried to print the report, I got a vb6 error message: "Report width is larger than paper width". Except printing reports by ms access or crystal reports, could I fix this somehow in vb6 DED by data reports? Thank you!

You can set the reports orientation before printing ex: RptHourly.Orientation = rptOrientLandscape

Hope this helps

Catrina

Thank you, Catrina. I'm not sure that Data report object has such method as "orientation".

ByzantianX - You are correct; there is no orientation property for the DataReport. I have had the same problem
you have - I could only use about 1/2 to 2/3 of the page...
if I went out beyond that, I would get the "Report is larger than paper width" message.

In my opinion, DataReport is good only as a 'quick-and-dirty' reporting tool.

John

vb6 sp4 includes new datareport.orientation property along with a few other features and fixes

...and yes datareport is quick and dirty, but with a lot less overhead than crystal reports if you don't need the multi-dimensional reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back