Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I've been creating printer document

Status
Not open for further replies.

swells63

Programmer
Dec 20, 2019
US
I've been creating printer documents that contain a duplex and simplex page. I've been adding a blank page to the back of the simplex page to make it appear as a duplex page and simplex page, but actually is duplex for the entire document, which as been controlled at the printer. It is also being pulled from 2 trays and stapled. The code worked fine, but now I need to actually make the document toggle between duplex and simplex. Not that familiar with postscript. Just takes a lot of experimentation to get things to work.

The working code, before needing to specify duplex/simplex is -
"<</MediaColor (pink)>> setpagedevice << /Staple 0 >> setpagedevice << /Staple 3 /StapleDetails <</Type 1 /StapleLocation (SinglePortrait) >> >> setpagedevice"

I tried -
"<</MediaColor (pink)>> setpagedevice << /Staple 0 >> setpagedevice << /Staple 3 /StapleDetails <</Type 1 /StapleLocation (SinglePortrait) >> >> setpagedevice <</Duplex true/Tumble false>> setpagdevice", but not only does it not print, it fails to generate as a pdf file. It does as a postscript, but that file can't be distilled.

The error I get for pdf generation is PDF creation failed.
Log file error message:
%%[ Warning: Empty job. No PDF file produced. ] %% Normalizer 8.0 UsePrologue is false. %%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: setpagdevice ]%% Stack: -dict- %%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%% ExternalCommand on page 1 :F %%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %% Normalizer job 1 failed (2) -- aborting 5472256 bytes read from file \\WEB2PRINT1\Xmpie\XMPieOutput\7\720534\PDF2132simplexduplex_sjw2.txt_1.ps: FAILED Done

Any thoughts? Definitely need it to generate both a ps and pdf. I'll try printing the postscript to see if that works, but doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back