Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I've a win2k running NNM 6.2, patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAJBlaine

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2002
US
I've a win2k running NNM 6.2, patch lvl 923

When I have an event for a IV_node_down, and pass the event variables to an email messages, I'm getting the wrong information.

$2 should be the node name or IP address, but I'm getting something like: 0x0002A5E24149

This looks like the MAC address to me.

Advice?

I had the same problem. I can't remember exactly, but I think I replaced the "$2" with a "$a" or "$A" and it fixed it. They (HP) changed some of the variable def's from 6.1 to 6.2. I found the changes by searching the help files for the word "variable" I believe.

This is where I has to admitt to missing the obvious. What was wrong in this scenario was the user had DHCP installed. The information I was getting back was the MAC address of PCs as they were going up and down. Once an IP is reported to NNM by more than one MAC address, NNM flags it as DHCP and then reports the MAC address vs. the IP with the $2 variable.

Thanks for the help anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back