Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IUSR_IIS Account permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariebmk

Programmer
Jun 26, 2003
US
Hello. I know almost nothing about IIS and am having some odd errors. I have a folder that contains an ASP page that creates an image (using mapping software) and saves a temp image to the temp folder (in the same folder). I had this working fine on my old machine but when I brought it over to a new one I get the error:

"ERROR: Can't save the temporary image file: c:\inetpub\ Make sure that the c:\inetpub\ directory has CHANGE permissions for the IUSR_ IIS user account."

I copy and paste these folders to a different folder where the mapping software samples are and it works perfectly, so I know the files are fine. I've compared the setup to my old machine and can't find any differences.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!!!!

Beth

Is your new Server Windows 2003 and your old server win2k or NT. If so check you permssions on the folder, make sure they are the same as your old system. Check NTFS and any Share permissions, if a share exists.

This is on my local machine - which is xp sp2. I'm not sure what settings could have changed - or could be different between folders that it will run in one location and not another.

You could check the IUSR_ IIS permissions on the folder your working on, right click the folder and check the properties and go to the security tab. You will see if the IUSR_ IIS account has the permissions to write to that folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back