Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iTunes Error 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeHalloran

Technical User
Jul 27, 2004
US
Just updated iTunes on WinXP, latest version.
Install sequence closed with a dialog box indicating success.
After that was closed, got a dialog box with a red X
header: iTunes
body:
iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes.
Error 7 (Windows error 126)

Reinstalled; same result.
WTF;Over?

Right. Now when I try to start iTunes, I get a message about
AVFoundationCF.dll not found or something to that effect.

No joy so far, but thanks for the help.

Tried removing just the AAS and installling iTunes, again; didn't work.
I had to uninstall iTunes and then reinstall it.
It seems to be working now.

I am getting tired of this iCrap.

I spoke too soon.
Damn iTunes installed okay, called the mothership okay, but insists that it can't see the damn iPhone.

Had to reinstall the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver, which somehow got unlinked from the XP Device Manager.

Then launched iTunes yet again. It couldn't connect to the store, but started a sync.

Fingers crossed. Thanks for the help.

.... The sync stopped after a short time, but the File menu allowed start of a sync manually, and this one appears to be proceeding at its usual glacial pace.

For the benefit of others, after you get iTunes recovered from the update, this page will help you get it to re-recognize your iPhone:

Yeah, it's what I get for buying a pHone made by iDiots.

Mike,
Glad you got it working eventually.
Just remember that the poor Windows iTunes experience is designed to get you to buy a Mac [wink].

soi là, soi carré

this thread should have been in windowsXP or somewhere else. it has nothing to to with macs, and very little to do with iphones, except as a by-product.

Maybe drlex is right, windows sucks so bad (and not just the itunes experience) maybe buying a mac is the way to go.

I put the thread here because it has to do with iTunes, which I am forced to use to access the iPhone.

I acknowledge that it has nothing to do with the Mac.

Perhaps it is time for iPxxx products and iTunes to get a forum of their own.

i do understand your reasoning, but you didn't even mention the iphone until your 4th post.

the XP forum might have been a more appropriate place, might not.
not trying to be a jerk, just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back