Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

It's possible to block incoming mails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvit77

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
ES
Hello,

I have an account for sending e-mails through our commercial software for notifications about delivery dates of our products, etc... but I don't want that anybody sends mails to this account because is a non controlled mailbox, so my question is:

How I can avoid the reception of e-mails in that account? Also if it is possible to send an auto reply message explaining that this e-mail is not working as a reception and telling the people that if they want to contact us use another e-mail?

Thank you

In Delivery Restrictions, you can set permissions on who the mailbox accepts mail from. Change this to "accepts only from" and leave it blank.

But this will send an NDR to the sender, so the better way would be to do an automated reply. You can do this with a Public Folder. Use the Folder Assistant, add a rule, to "reply with".

Without knowing your exact setup, you may need to remove the SMTP address from the mailbox and attach it to the Public Folder. If this address only needs to send, it shouldn't matter what the SMTP address is on the mailbox.

If the application has the ability to set the reply address that would be another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back