Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

It's all one object now, I need the pieces though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKATEEBEE

Technical User
Mar 15, 2003
US
OK, I'm a relatively new user to Adobe Illustrator so I'll describe the situation the best I can.

Background:
I have been given an ad template by a company I deal with that was created in AI 10 (.eps format). Usually when I get the ad templates from this company, the ad is separated into all of it's indivdual objects and I can edit/remove them as I see fit. The last one that was given to me is all one object, meaning I can't manipulate any of the individual elements of the ad. The only manipulation I can do is to change the size of the entire ad. I have already asked this company for another ad template, but one cannot be provided this time and I need to run this ad.

Question:
Is there any way possible to edit the individual objects in this template while preserving the hi-res quality of the .eps format so that it can be printed?

It sounds like that eps was generated out of Photoshop which is raster based, no vectors to edit. Check and see if the client can supply a vector version of the artwork. Either that or some of the elements used in it so you will have an easier time rebuilding should you have to. "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

~Idea
If you have Adobe Streamline the EPS (hopefully its a high res image) can be converted into Vector based art and then ungrouped in Illustrator. It may not be the best way, but it works :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back