Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ITP-5100 connecting, but no voice traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigHall

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2006
US
One of my users on an ITP-5100 can't hear or be heard by other parties when he calls outside of the system. Calls to other phones in the office work fine. I have other users, also remote on the ITP-5100s working fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Is the ITP user a remote worker? If so it's almost certainly something to do with the firewall/router. If the router has built in VoIP ability, it will try to handle the calls itself, rather than letting the phone system do it.

It is a home network, with a comcast connection and an Apple Airport extreme.

If the phone is registering to the PBX but you have no audio, be sure UDP ports 30000 thru 30031 and 40000 thru 40031 are open in your firewall and port forwarded to the LAN IP of your PBX. Also in MMC 830 make sure your IP type is Private with Public, and your public IP address is programmed. I've also struggled with no audio when using firewalls like Firebox, SonicWall, Barracuda and a few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back