Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ITIL certifcation? in UK? £300/Day!!! $500/Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

saddatabid

Technical User
Dec 22, 2003
GB
Hi Guys,

Apologies if this is wrong forum but I was wondering if anyone has any information of ITIL certification? i.e
* What are the benefits (apart from £300/day)?
* Where in UK is it available? Can I use books, online study etc?
* Where can I take exam? Can I use Transcenders if so, what is exam no or other info?

Thanks

Saddat Abid

do a search on ITIL and you'll find lots of folks willing to sell you "miles of piles of files" of very expensive stuff...

Cogito Ergo Sum and Caveat Emptor both apply here. In Spades!!!

Microsoft Operations Manager, preview here, has some features you might examine...

Previous versions were not as well received by the buying public--but we were in the middle of a recession; i.e., not the time when most IT shops had the "extra money" to spend on planning tools...

ITIL is being pushed by certain consultants as the latest fad... I give it a year or two more before something else is rolled out by the big consulting firms... I don't deny that it can be useful... P&G swears by it...

Like Six Sigma, CMM, IEEE 900x, MRP/ERP/ERPII/SAP, TCO/TEI, and all the rest of their decision trees, magic quadrants, harvey balls, bubble charts, these things change their importance once the "2nd tier" starts using them...

ITIL is great if your employer trains you. It stinks if you're expected to shell out several thousand dollars to learn that "documented processes" and "more time spent planning than implementing" are "best preactices"...

YMMV.

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back