Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ITG Trunk cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sympology

MIS
Jan 6, 2004
GB
Hope someone is able to help.

We've got a whole mix and match of Meridians, some with ITG's running trunk to trunk between Meridians.

However,
we also run Vertical TeleVantage PBX's, with IP cards in (they can be trunk or line or both).

I'm looking into hooking up the TV's to the M's via IP. However info is scarce to say the least.

Any ideas hw I go about hooking them up.

The TeleVantages have built in Gateways and support (nearly) all H323 protocols. However it is the Meridian I lack all the info for.
Does anybody have any documentation about hooking Meridians up to third party devices?
If I was to set up a Gateway to Gateway connection, I'm going to need things like protocols, passwords etc etc.

Stu..

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

You would need to look at your existing routes and dchannels that carry your VOIP traffic. The IFC prompt in both probably says SL1 which is Nortel's proprietary MCDN protocol. I would say it should work if you built a new route and dchannel at your M1 sites to use either ESGF or ISGF for the IFC prompt. These are the responses for the two types of QSIG that I show Nortel supports. After that, you would reassign some of the trunks to the new route. You are making yourself a lot less efficient, so you will need to engineer the right amount of trunks based on traffic needs. Another thought would be a CS1000T, which could be used at each TV site as a go between. Then you would have PRI from CS100T to TV and still keep SL1/MCDN protocol for VOIP.

Hope this helps
Teekow

Hello, Nortel does't hook up with any system that isn't a meridian using H.323, you can doit using SIP protocol but you would need to upgrate to a Comunication Server 4.0

Thanks for the Info. Looks like we may be stuck with a Media Gateway and ISDN30 then.
Anyone used a MultiTech Media Gateway? If so any veiws on this?

Stu.

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

I have sent calls to Cisco gateways with H323 trunks without problem. You don't get any signaling across, but it still works. H323 is an industry standard. The signaling protocol is proprietary.

teekow

when you said on previous post to split the trunks. DId you say to divide channels or physical cards?

I have only one card at one site and I would like to "speak" with other gateways, like Patton SmartNode.

Currently, the configuration of my DCH and the ITG are on SL1 status. I tested yesterday to call from the M11 to my NetMeeting running on my computer and everythnig worked fine. In the other way, I couldn't. Do you think the type of signaling could have any relation?

Regards,
Julián.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back