Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ITG Lineside pwd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sennback

Vendor
Dec 13, 2002
SE
Hi,

I have a ITG lineside card wich has been set up with IP addresses and so on.
Now I should log in on the cards CLI interface to change the management IP address with the clearLeader/setLeader command. But it is impossible to login with the itgadmin/itgadmin user and password.

It's an op11c rel 3.0 without signaling server.

is there someone who has experienced this?

Someone has changed the default password. Dont know how to go to change the pwd.

No it isn't so.
Seems like the password becomes disabled when configuration is loaded from OTM..
But I dont know how to go pass that once the onfiguration is loaded.

Once the itg card is in service you may have to type " +++ " to get to the VXWorkx logon prompt. I have not had the problem of logging on after the system is loaded from OTM. If you are on the network for ELAN then try telneting to the ITG card. Just type at the "run" of the start menu

telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where the xxx is the IP address of the ITG card. It works great and you will get the VXWorxks logon. Just logon with the "itgadmin" and pwd of " itgadmin

I have tried telnet too, with the same result.
Also used two cards with the same problem..
I must be making something wrong..

If you are using a lineside ITG card & a sig server on Succession 03.00 software, Then you must use the Meridians PWD1 code & name. The old ITG passcodes are no longer used!.
Are you using a Pentium (2 slot) card or a Media (1 slot)card?.

I am not using a sig-server.
And even so, I have tried the user id and password you mentioned anyway, didn't work.

I am using the SMC 1 slot card.

Could it be that the card has to be disabled in a certain way before it is possible to login?
Or if it's always possible to login, even when the card is operational..

I have spent days, just to try to login now..

I understand that you are using Succession Cabinet V03.00 (Opt11c) & you are quite correct in not requiring the PWD1 Name & code, Unless to have a Sig Server installed.
I guess that somebody has changed the default ITG code.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

My last thought was if the newest version of the software used another password.

Hi Sennbeck, did you manage to resolve this problem as I am having the same trouble. I think that I might have to go into the WxWorks Shell and use the password clear utility?

Let's have an update.
Thanks
Bobwurl

When you are using a itg line card and rel 3 or 4 software on the switch then just as soon as you reboot the card after the config has been uploaded from the otm then the card will take the admin1 log in and password. With release 4 the switch must also be connected via the elan along the the otm and itg card for the config to be correctly set.

When you are in rls 3 or newer on ITG-Line even though you don't have a signalling server you have to use pwd1, and the pwd1 password has to be 8 characters long. not 7 or 6.

sat2phant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back