Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Items not deleting off report when printed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

winnieisme

Technical User
Aug 14, 2003
US
Between Date() And Date()+60 Or <Now()

This is suppose to be a 60 day look ahead report.

I am using this criteria in a report where I am needing information on expired passes. So I go in and print the new passes and the report should not show these employees anymore, but they still show up on the report. What hapened. I have not looked at this report in a long time someone else is suppose to print it each month so new passes can be printed. I would like to change the (60 to read 30) When the new passes are printed I dp a update query to check off the printed passes so they should not show up on the report anymore.

The report is showing items that expired in May. That was real confusing to me when it's a 60 day look ahead report.

it's more than a 60-day look-ahead report: it will report to you any dates prior to 60 days from now, way back to the beginning of dawn.

Because you have or < NOW() that will show all records with a date prior to today, IN ADDITION to the ones that are between today and 60 days from now.

Thank you GingerR for the information. I tried it and it worked. I looked at that last night thinking and hoping that , that was part of my problem.

Now for problem #2

I go in and print the new passes and the report should not show these employees anymore, but they still show up on the report.

When the new passes are printed I do a update query to check off the printed passes so they should not show up on the report anymore however they are still on the report. How can I fix this?

are you filtering out the field with the check box in it? The recordsource for your report should have the criteria of "FALSE" or "NO" listed under the field name in the query grid.

Thank you. I had true instead of false. It now works..

Again thank you so much for your help.

GingerR I just thought of something real dumb. The report works the way I thought I needed it too, but I got to thinking a little more about it. All my processed boxes are checked. This is to keep from printing multiable items when a new pass is issued. So I guess what I need to able to print a monthly report that will show all passes that will expire that month. I am really confused now, if all the process boxes are checked where should I put my criteria?

Sorry for such a mess. It's weird I thought it worked just fine when I first created it, but that was 3 years ago and when I tried it out I only had 3 examples now I have a lot that come due all at once at a certain time of year.

Thanks for your help

Winnie

so if you are only interested in printing passes that expire that month, it sounds like you can forget about the whole check box thing, right? unless I'm reading you wrong.

Do you print passes PRIOR to the month in question, so that you have them ready for the month?

Can you show me some examples of the data? you must have some kind of date field, right? Are these dates when employees got hired? if not, what is it?

without getting any questions answered, i'll assume that the date field is when someone got hired, so it'll be like 12/12/97. They need a new pass next month cause it's going to expire. say the field's name is HireDate. in the query grid, make a calculated field
Code:
Month([HireDate])
in it's CRITERIA, type
Code:
[Enter Month:]
when you run the query it'll ask you to enter a month. If you enter 12, it will show you the records for December.

This is just a quickie hack-job way of doing it. there are much slicker ways. Let me know if this is the kind of thing you are looking for, and if you need more help.

g

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner. A virus attacted our network.

Yes I only want the to print the passes that are going to expire that month. The dates are based on the day they are issued. due to expire 1 year after date of issue. example of this is: I issue a pass today 11-23-04 and it will expire 11-23-05. After I print the pass I push a update query button and it puts a check mark in the box so it won't print again until the box is un-checked.

This is what the query looks like: It's called a look ahead query-

Field:EmpNum LName FName IDate
Table:DA1818 EmployeeInfo EmployeeInfo DA1818

Field: EDate PerGovt ItemType CellPagerNum
Table: DA1818 DA1818 DA1818 DA1818
Criteria:BetweenDate()AndDate()+60

I haven't tried what you suggested if there is another way of doing this I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks for your patience.

Winnie

Let me know how it goes after you try my suggestion.

By the way, what is EDate? the Expiration Date? Where's the IssueDate? Or do you manually type in the Expiration Date? Is one record/pass in the database forever, and expires every year on the same month? or is the pass/record only in the database for one year? If the record is in there forever and "EDate" is "Expiration Date", how does the EDate get entered?

Again, I think I gave you enough of a start in my previous posts to fiddle around and figure it out, whatever your particular details are.

I still don't know why you don't just have IssueDate, then print the passes that have the month of, for example if you did it this week, December? Then no need for any check marks or anything--it just prints the records with a month of December, and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back