Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Item Master - object library invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlbechard

Programmer
Jun 22, 2009
CA
We have customized the Item Master (IM0101) screen since 2 years. We gave access to this customized screen to a new user and each time the user open the Item Master he got the following error from microsoft Visual Basic:

"Object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that could not be found"

I looked the references to see if there is MISSING beside of of them and none is missing.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, the new user was logged into Macola but to be able to see the references, I gave him full user rights temporarily. It seems that only when the customized screen have VB code in the macform.Initialize, it cause the problem.

He have full rights on Macola root folder.

I found a temporary solution which was to comments the content of the macform_Initialize function.

I noticed that on all computers where there is no issue with this screen, the second reference of "apcConn 1.0 Type Library" is pointing to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Exact Software\ApcConnLib". But on the computer where is gives an error, it is pointing to "C:\Program Files\Exact Software\bin\ApcConnlib.kpr". So, I think that the screen try to find the reference in

How to make it pointing to Document and Settings folder?

This varies by what version of windows you are using. What are the versions of windows on the 2 different machines?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Both are the same:
Windows XP professional
version 5.1
service pack 3
build 2600.

There was no MISSING references in the Order Entry screen. The thing was for one of the ApcConn reference, the path was not existing on the computer. The person who had installed Macola on this computer probably did not follow the same procedure than before.

I find weird that there was no MISSING word beside the reference.

It happened in the Order Entry screen (OE0101) on another workstation. Same error message:

Object library invalid or contain references that could not be found.

There are no MISSING beside the references. I also make sure that the references pointed to a valid folder and the files exist.

Any idea what could cause this error?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back