Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Item Master coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgarbee

Technical User
Aug 15, 2001
US
If I have a group of parts making up a sub-assembly for in-house build and the sub is coded as M, what would I need to do to convert the sub assembly to purchased outside? It would be built from the same group of parts, but those parts would be procured by the outside sub assembly builder. My concern is what J.D. Edwards would do to the component parts if I simply change the code for the sub assembly to P for purchased. Does J.D. Edwards then ignore the component parts (as it should) or would they require a code change as well?

Is there a way in J.D. Edwards help to get full descriptions of the impact of code settings and other variables. The F1 help is very limited. I would like to read an accurate and thorough description of how J.D. Edwards interprets various settings and what execution(s) they cause.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back