Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IT Stratigic Plan, How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Lorenzini

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2018
US
I am new to my position as a IT System Manager and need a shove in a correct direction. I have been tasked to develop a Annual Information Technology Strategic Plan for our organization. I have googled it and there is just too much information to filter through. IF anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Probably if you need to ask you may be way over your head on that position - just my opinion and I may be wrong.

one document which seems a good base

and this google picks a few that may also be of interest
Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

A good place to start is the business's strategic plan and goals. All IT plans should be in support of the direction the business is going, or wants to go.

Also remember, a "Strategic" plan is not a "Tactical" plan. If you don't understand that difference, back to Google.

Well the person that had the job before me, left and management put me there. Yes my background is not in IT Management but I am going to have to learn. But I do appreciate the candor and the links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back