Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IT monitoring for Aspect solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2011
We have a Aspect contact center platform, and we use a "telephony monitor" software for monitor the system operation.

We don't see inside the Aspect products a application to monitor the health of the system, like a software with SNMP or WMI protocol to ask to the server and gateways their status.

Anyone have experience for configure SNMP in the Aspect "boxes" and could integrate this system with Nagios, HP NMS, OPManager or another monitoring software.

There is what they call "Enhanced SNMP" that can be setup on the actual controllers (servers) in the Aspect cabinet. Regular SNMP can be setup on the controllers as well, which could then integrate with your NMS. I found the "Enhanced SNMP" was a costly option to add and not very configurable. I ended up writing a program to monitor the system via the online Aspect Activity Log that you can get to from within your network directly to the ACD controllers. Here the program monitors all the logs being written (Criticals, T-1 status, CTI status, hardware, etc). Then over time I have compiled a list of all things I want to be paged on. The program sends alarms to our alarm notification system for proper oncall paging/support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back