Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

It it possible to have a callpilot remote backup system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike212

Technical User
Jul 8, 2005
US
I
have this option 81 that has a call pilot. Our company wants an identical call pilot set up in a little remote office they have in another city. This remote CP system will have one or two mailboxes on it for the part
time users of this remote. In the event of a evacuation in Office "A", the firm wants to upload the entire callpilot database from this office "A" the the remote callpilot. In doing this, they know the existing one or two remote office mailboxes will be overwritten, and that is fine.

Our Nortel Technician says it cannot be done do to the serializing of each system with its software. The company finds this response to be either inaccurate,or unaceptable and wants me to further research into this possibility.

Can you please steer me to how this, might be ccomplished? Thank you very much for and assistance you
can provide.

Mike

not sure mike, the problem may be lic problems at the smaller site.. i don't think you can restrore a large system data base to a smaller box.. to many questions, all your keycode are married to your dongle.. i may plan to move the voice mail or at least the hd and the dongle.. i would clone the system, network those, have the user data base on the hot spare

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John, The remote would be the same size box with the same release and rev.

The systems are set up for Centralized Meridian Mail, I realize that SOME switch must exist for call to come into first, before it forwards to voicemail on some other switch. However, if the main site switch "A" is down, and there is thus no switch left in site "A" for the calls to come into, we would bring the calls into remote site "B", translate them on the incoming trunk group to a single auto attendant number, and ask the caller to enter the last 4 digits of the number they dialed. This would route them into the correct mailbox.

In this way, we should not have to change DID or SDN entries -- Is this senario correct? THX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back