Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

It is posible I convert Foms into PRG form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill993

Programmer
Nov 26, 2001
PK
Hello All,
I do want to know it is posible that i chage the layout into PRG format?
please let me know if it is posible, or any other Spoting Software who convert into PRG?

I am assuming that you are using VFP and not Foxpro 2+. In Foxpro 2+ the screen created a SPR file which was actually a PRG by another name, same as an MPR is now. In VFP the screen is acctually a database. This database does not generate an SPR and so you can not make a PRG from it.

Bill Couture

HI
To convert a form into a PRG...CLICK ON FoxPro MENU choice...
TOOLS -> ClassBrowse ->
-> CLick on Open Icon
-> Select the file type as Form
-> Look in the directory where the form is available..
-> choose the form and Click OK
Now in the resulting window one of the icon is for
'view class code'.. click on this... your prg file is what you get.. Now save this as your myForm.prg file

Remember the limitations... some of the higher level class codes will not appear as they do not form part of this form. They are inherited. If you are so specific.. you can again generate codes for these classes as well and plug it in the codes.
Another way is CHOOSE... TOOLS->WIZARD->Documentation
follow the wizard. YOu can have the code for the whole of the project in a .lst file.

Hope this helps :)

ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

The only problem with the classbrowser's View Class Code, is that it is only syntactically correct for very simple forms. If you have any containers (e.g. pageframes), the "PRG" won't compile. The code generated is only meant to give you an idea of what the form might look like in code - it isn't the equivalent of the FP 2.x GENSCRN output.

If you want your forms in .PRG format, you'll need to code them that way to start with. If you just want the code for documentation or version comparison, you might be better off using the SCCTEXT.PRG - it's what Visual Source Safe uses to compare changes to all the table based VFP components (Forms, Classes, Menus, Reports, Labels and Databases).

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back