Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IT in next 5 years..................

Status
Not open for further replies.

premal13

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2001
AU
well IT is advancing at a very fast pace and it is really dificult to predict and imagine how it will change our daily life.

1) Artificial INtelligence will play a very big role in next couple of years. well i won't be surprised if many human being will be jobless and they will be replaced by the AI humans. in manufacturing where only same work is to be repeaed again and again.

2) we may get certain things which will be quite intelligent like say for a car where user has to just type the destination and it will show the best possible way and it may come out with some better version of it.

3) all the communication will be distributed and wireless with more powerful and less interruptions and it will be much more faster and more bandwidth.

4) Virtual reality will be used very often and it may be really good thing to use.

so we just have to wait and see what the future has got for us??/

Basically, there's nothing to slow it down. They say in 10 years, the fastest computer in technology today will be too slow for the market in the future. Makes you wonder where actual human beings will be fit into this vast array of computer chips and AI. It won't be long until we all find outselves either out of work, or have the job of making sure the AI is doing the job right. What's next? Robots to pee for us? LOL

Pondering afar,
Julie

Actually, I waiting to become George Jetson.

You know, where my car flies me to work and I only have to push buttons for a slaving 2 hours a day. Then I go home and walk my dog on a treadmill.

1st there will always be jobs you want to know why ecomincs 101 no job no one to buy stuff from big bussiness

true AI wont even possible for at lest 20 years more likely 70 or more and even then we will have the computer power(If moores law holds up) but it still can't learn as fast as a human does with life

I hope the thing will the car works out man living in souther California I hate the freeways

what if you get carpal tunnel by hittin the "button"

I like to see what THIS five years brings I thought the most change was the 5 years back in 1980 to 1985 So long and thanks for all the fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back