Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

It Helped me, May help you also 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

xit

Technical User
May 29, 2004
US
I had a system today with XP that was infected so severly that I was unable to update any AV or spyware program, unable to enter safe mode, could not run any AV or spyware program,could not open Task Manager, the system was trashed, next step was to reinstall.

I had been researching a program recently & thought, give it a try, so I ran the program and it removed most of the problems, enough to let me reboot and then was able to run all the other software to finish cleaning up this system.
What I used was DR Web Live cd. Just download & burn the ISO. to disk, next boot your system with the bootable cd and follow prompts & it is free. Here
It removed all the redirects I was having such a problem with.

FYI
xit

Just what the doctor ordered. I was just struggling with something very similar and this got things going again. Thanks.

Yeah, I saw the live CD version mentioned on their website. I'll have to give it a go sometime. The standalone version seems to work well as well - but I'd imagine the other might be able to get more at the system, assuming you don't have to boot into Windows for it to work.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

I haven't been able to download this. When I click on the link it sends me to a directory with the files but I am unable to do anything but copy a shortcut to them. This won't work for me since I have to save to a disc and move to the affected computer. It will redirect any attempts to go to any malware or antivirus sites.Is there some trick I don't know about to get this to download?

Is the computer you are using to download the software also infected? Sounds like a redirect, as the download is actually simple. Does the link take you to DrWeb antivirus page?

xit

What happens if you click on this link directly?
ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/livecd/minDrWebLiveCD-4.44.1.0811190.iso

TY smah. That link downloaded it directly to my desktop :)

Thanks for link! Sorted a friends computer out that was in permo reboot, even in safe mode! I suspected a virus so sent them this disc and all is now good in the world :)

I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back