Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

It can't be that hard! How do I subtract a circle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjgrayson

Technical User
Jun 1, 2004
US
I'm using photoshop CS.
I found a really neat free online Phototshop Basics tutorial class. But for one of the reviews it asked me to

Draw a black Box, draw a circle in the box and sutract it, leaving a white circle in the center.

I keep drawing the box. Then drawing the circle. First of all, I can't select the circle to subtract (or delete, or whatever); I click and end up selecting the box and the circle.

What am I doing wrong? FYI: I know how to do this in Illustrator; but I want to get a feel for Photoshop's tools.

Draw the square, and select the circle 'tool'. Just before you actually draw it, have a look at the top toolbar, just below the menu. There are options to select different shapes, then to the right of that, there are some path operations. Pick the 'Subtract' one (or simply press '-'), then draw your circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back