Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Isue in bursting Master-Detail report

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvasudev

Programmer
May 25, 2005
US
Hi All,

I have a report in which I have one master query and 4 detail queries. Each one populating columns in 5 different report pages.
All the 5 queries have grouping on country.
When I render the report in XLS I get the 5 report pages as 5 sheets in Excel. So if there are 2 countries in my master query then I will have the Excel rendered as,

Sheet 1 - master query result set (summary data for country C1 and C2)
Sheet 2 - Detail query-1 for country C1
Sheet 3 - Detail query-2 for country C1
Sheet 4 - Detail query-3 for country C1
Sheet 5 - Detail query-4 for country C1

Sheet 6 - Detail query-1 for country C2
Sheet 7 - Detail query-2 for country C2
Sheet 8 - Detail query-3 for country C2

The issue is, when I burst the report on Country,
I get two excel workbooks, one each for C1 and C2.
For C1, all the 5 sheets are proper. For C2 only the master result page is proper, the rest of the detail result sheets are empty(not even the column titles).

Any clue on why this is happening?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Ramesh

Hi All,
I have resolved the issue myself. For those who are interested in how it was resolved...

I had the page properties in such a way that the page populated by master query was set as header page. I had to move the summary (master) page under the groupings to resolve the issue. If you notice in the below mail, I had only one Summary page(for both the countries), and as many detail result pages as the number of countries. Now after the above mentioned change I have 2 summary excel sheets(Master query result sets) and 2 sets of detail result set sheets. With this setup the bursting works fine.

Thank you all for your time!
Ramesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back