Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with using mute

Status
Not open for further replies.

TykeUK

Technical User
Jul 27, 2004
GB
I have just been advised that occasionally when users put calls on hold that is cuts the caller off. I have traced called and checked event logs and can't see anything that could relate to this - also a search of forums doesn't bring this issue up and nothing relating to the phones firmware mentions this (3.1)

We are using 9620L's on CM5.2

Many thanks

Hold and mute are not the same thing. I have seen a problem with calls dropping when put on hold. It was an issue with the music on hold port being hung and was affecting all calls until the port was reset. When a call is put on hold it transfers to the music on hold port or group. There may be some limit in your system on the number of ports that can be connected to it at one time. That would make it intermittent.

Apologies as I used the word hold in the post instead of mute. We have no issues with hold. It happens occasionaly when users press the mute button!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back