Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with Synchronizing Handspring Visor (Palm OS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmac

MIS
Jul 7, 2000
US
I am trying to troubleshoot some problems that occurred when using a Handspring Visor (uses a Palm OS) along with EasySync software in order to sync with Lotus Notes 5. During synchronization, we have ended up with duplicate entries in Lotus Notes. Re-synchronization produced triplicate entries. The triplication seems to be in the Calendar area of Notes. I believe this corresponds to the Date Book+ and the To Do areas of the PDA. The user has entries from 1999 thru 2009 and will be going further into the future. Has anybody else dealt with these problems and can you suggest any help?
Also, does anyone have any recommendation of the best third party software to use with Lotus Notes? Other options I've heard of are: Pylon Pro and Intellisync.
Also, somewhere I read about a 10 year limitation on Calendar entries, but am unsure whether that applies to the Visor or to EasySync. Can anyone offer some help?
Thanks in advance.

cmac,

I suggest it is a problem with easysync and not Handspring. I set up a Visor with Lotus Notes 5.x using Puma's Intellisync. Worked great. Have you contaced IBM?

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back