Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with SP5?! Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparent

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2004
CA
Greetings,

I am testing the field to see if any of you have experienced problems AFTER installing Service Pack 5?

We are hesitant to install it on the basis that every new SP create its own set of issues. We are on SP4 and we are ok but if SP5 works well for most why wait?!

Let me know,

Simon

Refer to "backup crashes during file compare" for SP5 issues

there is no harm of applying sp5 ,since sp5 = sp4+all other patches

There's ALWAYS harm applying SP and patches especially when you don't know how well tested they are.

Would you take risk with your infrastructure because the bright new sp came out? If it ain't broke, don't fix it! So if our ARCServe installation works well with SP4 why take a chance and rush to update to SP5? It would be most unwise.

All i really want to know if whether people have experienced problems AFTER installing SP5? Problems that could be related to the new SP.

Take Care,

Simon

Hi,

I installed SP5 on Arcserve2000 SP4.
After this all seems to run correcly....BUT

I tested to restore some data by Client Agent (and open file agent) and I got credential problem:
AW0068 failed to write data to file %node info% RC=5 Access Denied.
However NT account is the same as the backup.
Restore operations cannot completed!!!

Also, I meet recurrent credential problem in the manager (that was'nt with SP4)

So I need now to reinstall Arcserve for using SP4...

I hope I'm not alone to meet that kind of problem...

Fredje

Check permissions on that user account, to make sure it has write permissions.

If this user is only a member of the backup users gourp it has read but not write permissions, and so it would make sense that it could backup but not restore.

Thank you davidmichel,

It is.
Domain Admin + Domain Backup Operator
Putted in locals groups of servers and clients.

The problem you mean was occured in the past.

However thank you for your answer but I contacted CA support for this issue.
Solution --> (re)install arcserve environement with Sp4. (What I thought to do...)

Fredje

We had a few problems with the AS DB being corrupted last year, but we didn't have any problems for a while. I installed SP5 and since then, the Activity Log shows, "The database engine is no longer available" and the DB engine stops. After reinitializing the DB, it seems ok now. I'm guessing there were some changes with the DB part of AS and didn't like what it saw.

Also, I tried to run the install for SP4 but it said that there were no components to upgrade. So I'm stuck w/SP5 unless I reinstall. (Like what was said in an earlier posting here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back