Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with NCR HSR MSR OPOS Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

billye40

Technical User
Apr 22, 2021
US
I have a NCR P1230 with a MSR reader built into the side, when using the MSRTest.exe in the p15xxx folder and selecting RSMsr from the Select OPOS Device Name menu I can swipe a card and see that it works fine and I can see its capturing the info, but when going into notepad and swiping the card nothing happens at all, I'm trying to use the msr reader for a pos I installed but the only help the program gave me is that it should read in the notepad or it doesn't work. What I understand is it does work but ONLY in the MSRTest.exe is where it works....... how can I get it to work in notepad and other apps alike. I've been searching the internet for days. I've attached some pictures to try and make sense of it.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4195b2e5-e6e4-4e36-8030-ecb5c0ac0332&file=attachments.zip
OPOS is going to encrypt the reader. If you wanted to read in notepad, you would have to run the MSR service and not use OPOS settings

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

How would I go about doing that? Sorry I'm new to this and I don't really understand how it all works.

That is far more difficult to explain here. Would require knowing if service is installed but disabled. What version of the P15xx software you currently have running and much more. I would suggest hiring someone who know how to do it. Or contact your local NCR dealer and pay there tech support to do it for you.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back