Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with June Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2011
US
We are running ISA 2006 on a Server 2003 SP2 machine. After the last batch of updates our Windows firewall service as well as the ISA service do no start automatically after reboot. Has anyone else seen this or is it just localized to my universe?

Jim Rapier
"Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a big ass boat and you can sail right up to it." - Johnny Depp

I do not use ISA 2006, but the Microsoft Updates occasionally screw up lesser used features and roles, as they are not thoroughly tested under all circumstances, as it would be impossible to test everything with all variables. I used to get issues with Terminal services/Gateway with updates, most of the time I would uninstall the last updates, then re-install them , one at a time, this generally worked. Worst case I uninstalled the updates, then installed each update separately, with a reboot between each update until I found the offending update. Sometimes if I restored to a previous restore point , then ran the updates again, they would not cause issues. Microsoft updates are a bit of a crap shoot.

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
Popular Mechanics, 1949

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back