Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with jumpstarting solaris 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

genlee

MIS
Dec 30, 2003
US
Here is a quick overview of my setup:
I have a B1600 shelf with 5 B100n's and 1 LoadBalancing Blade.
I also have a 280r on the same network which is the install/tftp/config server for jumpstart.

I am having a problem trying to jumpstart a new blade with solaris 10. When I "boot net - install" it just does this: Requesting Ethernet address for: (some random ip on the class b network). I do see it accessing the tftp server and pulling the boot image and then mounting the install path to the Solaris 10 cd's. I never see it trying to mount the directory where the sysidcfg file is located though. The solaris 10 jumpstart does work if I do "boot net - text" for a interactive install but I need to do the automated since I am doing a flash install. I guess the problem is that it does not try to pull the sysidcfg file which I don't know why. It is specified in the /etc/bootparams file correctly. Here is my add_install_client line:
/export/install/sol_10/Solaris_10/Tools/add_install_client -e <ether> -c server:/jumpstart -p server:/jumpstart <hostname> sun4u

Using the same syntax, I can jumpstart with solaris 9. Anyone with some help?

What if you put the client in your /etc/hosts file and add the ip when you doa add_install_client?

I have tried using the ip and get the same error. I am not sure what is wrong since I have solaris 9 jumpstart setup identical and that works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back