Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with IE5.5 and SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

StressedTechie

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
GB
I have a Dell laptop which has recently been upgraded from Windows ME to Windows 2000.

We were running IE5.1 but everytime you double click on the icon it blue screens. I have since installed IE5.5 but was still faced with the same blue screen as soon as you enter Internet Explorer. I then decided it might be the windows drivers causing problems so upgraded to service release 2. Still problems of blue screens as soon as you enter internet explorer. Has anyone else experienced this....

I can see I am going to have to flatten the Laptop and start right from scratch. Something I am not looking forward to......

You may want to try updating the drivers for audio, video etc. Just installing service pack 2 won't update those individual drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back