Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with DTMF button presses during AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasha611v

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2012
US
Hi, we are running a 3300 cx on 4.2 and we recently started having some issues with callers trying to dial 4 digits extension in the auto attendant. Our extension are in the 2xxx range and to me it seems like what is happening is that the system no longer hears all digits being pressed. This only occurs intermittently and I have not been able to put my finger on the frequency of the issue. I did look through the logs of the system and found the following errors below but am unsure if this is to be related. The only other thing I can think that would cause any issues is a few weeks ago I modified the trunk the order of the trunks in the trunk group but dont think that could affect this. any help is appreciated.

Can't process stop because DTMF was not started on this channel [31,9] ***

File Name and Line Number Stream_T2E_StopInjectDTMF;3177 ***

call ann. buffer recovered buffer 553 owned by non-existent pid ($1,$55C)

we gave the phone system a reboot the other night but the issue returned.

but Still seeing items such as this in the logs afterwards

Receive: When sending the command T2E_STOP_INJECT_DTMF_ACK The following unexpected error occurred MCT_TDM_NO_CONNECTIONS Line=30 Channel=0

Actually I think I just found out what the system is doing. When the caller presses a button, based on the feedback from the telephone system, it sounds like 2 button presses are being heard by the system. So for instance if I wanted to dial 2941 the system is hearing 22994411

Are the callers using cell phones? Had something similar where it turned out to be the cell phone companies issue on a link they had to the Central Office. A real bear to get resolved.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Well I think it is from more than cell phones. I ended up calling from a landline and it happened from there as well. I tried to use an internal phone and dialed into the AA and could not reproduce the issue. I was thinking it could be dsp related so I was going to run over there and make a few calls out of the analog ports to the voicemail system to see if it can be reproduced there. In the meantime, I went ahead and opened a ticket with our telco....who by the way is going to be replaced by another service provider really soon.

Good idea on testing from anlog as that will duplicate a call through the E2T.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Another trick is to call into EMEM and leave a voicemail with digit presses in it. You can then look at the message and see if there are in fact two digits for each.

Or, if you have multiple trunks, call out from an ONS on one into the other and try it. Compare that to just calling directly from the ONS and it would help to isolate the trunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back