Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with dreamweaver mx-created pages (resolutions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

36zero

Technical User
Aug 10, 2008
GB
Heya, my website has some problems with resolutions on different monitors.

I've seen it on different monitors - there are background images that often don't load, one side is often larger than the other, the bottom of the direction buttons are sligthly cropped, as well as a few other things. On my PC, the one I created it on, it all looks its intended way.

Is there any way I can alter the resolution size of my entire site to create a universal proportion that isn't different depending on monitor size? Is there an option in Dreamweaver MX that lets me scale the pages?

Thanks..

Hi and welcome to Tek-Tips. To ensure you get the best from these forums please read faq222-2244.

You will probably have to wait for a definitive answer until one of the old-time 1990s website designers comes on line - there aren't many users of frames this century [smile]

But seriously there are plenty of ways of doing a proper fluid layout using CSS and divs, which you should look into as a professional website designer. Even if you're relying on DW for layout, you will need to understand how HTML and CSS work to get on. To get started look at and If you get stuck on specific details, ask your further questions on HTML and CSS in forum215

As far as actual design is concerned (once you've got past the 'frames' issues) you need to resize that huge graphic (1200px x 700px, and over 1Mb) before you send it to the client, rather than forcing very slow page loads and making clients browser do the resize on the fly. You should also make sure your page validates before asking any layout questions - see
You might also look at the served up source code (which is substantially what google will see) and supply some meaningful alt text for your images.

Steam Engine Prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back