Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with CSV Import

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmoore84

Programmer
Jun 25, 2009
US
Greetings! I've been lurking looking for ADP tips from this site for some time trying to crack a problem I have. Here's the run down:

The app I'm designing must take input from several flat files. I've designed tables to match the flat file spec and it transfers properly while using a role that has create tables permission.

However, I'm trying to make it so any user can perform this action and a typical docmd.transfertext requires the create statement for some reason. Thus if I attatch an import spec I believe I can avoid the create call on SQL server.
Questions:

Is there any way to programmatically create an import spec within VB or another work-around that skirts the create table call without using the import wizard?

Is there a better way to upload than docmd.transfer text for CSV's?

On a completely unrelated note, the CSV transfer time is attrocious, does anyone have recommendations? Perhaps load the file into an array and upload that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back