Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with Application Builder Transfer block

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordopa1

Technical User
Aug 3, 2011
US
I have been trying to troubleshoot an issue that has popped up in a few of our applications recently and was hoping for a bit of guidance.

Callpilot Info:
Server: 1005r
Release: SU 11 5.01.01 w/ PEPS CPSECPEPSP2S, CP0501SU001S, CP501S01G08S, CP501S01G09C, CPSECPEP015S
App Builder v. 5.01.01.02

The problem I am running into starts with a call being sent to a callpilot application via a GIVE IVR statement in a Contact Center script. Once in the menu, the caller has an option to press 5 to be transferred to a specific extension. The transfer block is set up with Success -> End, (Failed & Busy) -> Cannot transfer -> Goodbye -> End. If the extension is idle when this occurs, everything works perfectly. If the extension is busy when callpilot attempts to transfer the call, the caller gets permanently stuck listening to music on hold.

I've recreated this scenario with a directly dialed menu (not from give ivr through CC) and the 2nd call through the transfer block receives the cannot transfer announcement and then is disconnected.

My initial thought was that due to reaching the application through the GIVE IVR command the END block in app builder was simply releasing the call back into the CC script. This proved to be false, though, through some further testing which I can describe if needed.

Has anyone run into this before or have a suggestion on something to try. I could just make the DN I am transferring to MCR instead of SCR, but it appears on 23 phones and I would rather not have to reprogram all of those phones 2 times each just to switch the presentation type.

Thanks in advance!

This is probably way off,but what if in either the script or Busy/Fail - send it to a VM Box when the Ext is busy?

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

Thanks for the reply. I have tried treating the call in the script but it seems like the call never makes it back to the script. I have also tried routing Busy/Fail to different blocks and no matter what type of block it is connected to the perma-hold condition still arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back