Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with 9508 and Plantronics CS540

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsm600rr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2015
US
Hello all,

Looking for some guidance after some interesting finds today at a clients site. In the reception area they have 4 Avaya 9508s in which they had me install 4 Plantronics CS540's along with the Plantronics APV-66 Hook Switch.

The issue comes with the "Headset" Button on the 9508's. Only 1 out of the 4 worked correctly with this button. The one that worked correctly, went on/off hook consistently with using the button on the Plantronics CS540 or when using the "Headset" Button on the 9508.

The other 3 when using the 9508 "Headset" Button would show "Dial: Number?" on the 9508, however no dial tone on the Plantronics CS540.

Now the interesting thing is, on all 3 with the trouble, if I hit the button on the Plantronics CS540 and got dial tone, then hit the "Headset" button on the 9508 and then ended the call, the "headset" button on the 9508 would work perfectly - until I used the button on the Plantronics again. Then it would stop functioning.

What gives? Some searching online pointed to maybe firmware issues.

There are settings on the headset bases that need to be correct for this to work, I use those headsets all the time with 95/14 and 16 handsets no issues that weren't fixed with those settings. :)

Hi amriddle01 - All the settings on the headset base are identical. The only setting was an A-G Compatibility Slider - they are all set on "A"

Where are the audio path settings? I will check those.

Thank you!

From what I found you need the APV-63 EHS cable.

Derfloh is correct we use the CS540's with 9508's all the time and it is the AVP-63 EHS cable that you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back