Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues Updating Access Office 2000 to 2003 Export to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphy123

Technical User
Feb 18, 2006
US
Hello,
My IT dept is upgrading PCs from Windows 2000/Office 2000 to Windows XP/Office 2003. All my Access databases were created in Access 2000. I'll PCs will be upgraded to 2003 as soon as I get this issue resolved.

I read thread181-1395263, and got some great information in one of the link of that posting. I was able to resolve some of the security warning messages. However, I am coming accross a problem when trying to export a report to Excel. I have a form with a group that contains several reports. I click the radio button, and I get an error message.

Microsof Office Access
"The format in which you are attempting to output the current object is not available.
Either you are attempting to output the current object to a format that is not valid for its object type, or the format that enable you to output data as a MS Excel, rtf, ...file are missing from the Windows Registry. Run Setup to reinstall MS Access or, if your're familiar with the settings in the Registry, try to correct them yourself. Form more information on the Registry, click Help".

Does anyone know what I can do in order to make my macros/vb code work to output the reports into Excel?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi

Try a search on "The format in which you are attempting to output the current object is not available" in Google, several hits caome up, which may help you

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back