Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues replacing 6408D+ with a Polycom Lucent SoundStation 2301-03322-001

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassDog

Programmer
Apr 10, 2017
US
Hi All,

Forgive me if this is not the right forum section. I was not able to find much relating to this issue anywhere else on the internet.

I have a 6408D+ phone in the office that I want to replace with a Soundstation Polycom phone. I connect everything correctly but no dial tone. Is there something in the Lucent/Definity console thingy that I have to change(Sorry again, but I really don't know what's it called or have much experience using it)?

Most of the Lines in the office are configured for 6400D+ Lucent phones.

I also tried connecting the Soundstation to an adjunct port on one of the 6400d+ phones but still no dial tone.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rogelio

what is the model number of the sound station, it could be sip or analog

When we bought it was advertised as a 2301-03322-001 model but on the back of the phone it says 2301-03322-R

I have to ask a dumb question. Does Lucent/Definity phone system support analog phones? If they do does anyone have any idea I can make this phone work?

The jack that the 6408D was plugged into has to be changed to a analog port off your pbx. If you don't know how to do that, I would get a tech there that knows what he's doing. Also, you may or may not have an analog port available a knowledgeable tech should be able to tell you that.

The end is near!

agreed this is as basic as it comes, bring in a qualified tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back