Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues Printing a PDF document, some text yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerbers404

Programmer
Jun 11, 2001
US
Hi there,

We're using Acrobat standard 6.04

One of our users is experiencing some bizarre behavior when he trys to print a PDF of a word document to our color laser printer...

The layout of the document is fine in all scenarios.

When the user prints the document to a PCL printer, the texy mysteriously turns yellow right after an embedded picture, and the text remains yellow for the next 5-7 pages. Then, the text color returns to black. when the text is yellow, the pictures still print in their proper colors. If I go back and print the 5-7 pages that have printed incorrectly, the first 1 or 2 pages print fine and then the text turns yellow again.

When the user prints to a postscript printer, all of the text stays black, but some of the pages will come out with a yellow tinge to them. It seem that maybe the pages that have pictures on them will have a darker tinge than the rest.

When I print the same document from my computer to the same printers, none of the problems arise, which makes me believe that the problem is not with the printers or the PDF document, but rather some of the users' settings in Acrobat.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Gerbers404

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back