Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues Installing Fresh OS opt11

Status
Not open for further replies.

werman

Technical User
Feb 24, 2021
US
Hello,

I've been attempting to restore the drive on my option 11c.

I downloaded the "ap-emea_S450W-r19.exe" from another thread on this forum. Running the .exe did not work on my OS so I extracted the contents to the PCMCIA card and inserted it into the opt11. I otherwise followed the instructions from a word document I found titled "Information on How to Restore the "C" Drive on a Option 11C."

I'm currently at a point where I am getting the following error:
Executing power up self tests
Power up self test passed
DISKOS to be run.
Verifying Diskos.
Attempt to run Diskos: MIB is invalid.
DRAMOS load from SW Delivery Card failed.
Operating system not loaded.
Insert Software Delivery Card and enter CONTROL-I.

I read in another thread that there is a special software for formatting the PCMCIA card for use in the Opt11C. Where would I obtain this? Is extracting the .exe onto the card the proper way to put the files on it?

Thanks,
werman

That "MIB" error indicates issues with the PCMCIA card or the file itself.

Prepare the PCMCIA Card:
Format the PCMCIA card to FAT16 (I'm not 100% sure on this but I recall it from somewhere)
Copy the exe file to the PCMCIA card.
Insert the PCMCIA card into SSC on the Option 11C.

Initiate the Boot Process:
Power cycle the Option 11C system.
When prompted, press Control-I to enter installation mode.
Run Diagnostics and Load the Software:

Also, follow this:

Before you did all this,I'm hoping that you obtained all the keycodes and package/feature codes details as without it there is little point in continuing the restore.

My ftp server has most of the option 11 / Succession images as well as the pcmcia card programmer tool version 9.

You were following my guide I wrote that explains how to do the restore or backup.

You need a compatible pcmcia or compact flash card with a pcmcia adapter and those cards can't be larger than 128 megs or lower than 32 megs.

Also they need to be the older type SanDisk cards.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thank you both for the replies.

I did make a printout of the key codes and ld 22. I will try both of your recommendations.

Firebird, thank you for writing the helpful guide. How can I go about downloading the formatter software?

Also my printouts indicate I’m version 2121, release 3, issue 00+, feature set N.America Premium Network Services-L4 (ntsk01ga).

I ordered another card in case that was my issue. One of my older ones was certainly corrupted.

Thanks,
werman

Hello Werman

Having the keycodes in LD 22 won't be enough to do the upgrade. you should have obtained the feature set information that is found in LD 143 under upgrade and the sub menu of "Installation Summary".

Use a good FTP client and the main details are Option_11c that should get you to where the folder of "Pcmcia card programmer" is located.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Firebird,

Thank you very much for uploading the programmer tool.

I purchased a sandisk 128mb card and used the programmer tool to program the na-cala_S450W_r23.exe

The good news is I found I do have a printout of the installation summary from ld 143.

The bad news is I am getting the same error even after using the programmer tool. I will try purchasing another PMCIA card online in case the one I currently am using is not an old enough type like you mentioned previously.

Do you think I'd have better luck using the same software version I had previously or the one I am using from your upload (S450W_r23)?

Thanks,
werman

Hello Werman

My copy should be good enough.

Please send me your installation summary, keycodes and TID info via my link and I can see if you have all the correct details.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back