Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues deleting AIPrefs file to reset default settings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelseamouse

Technical User
Oct 18, 2009
US
thread226-1450396

I'm new to Adobe Illustrator, just installed CS2 on my Vista operated computer. I found the AIprefs files in the following folder:

User/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator CS2 Settings/AIPrefs

I exited Illustrator, deleted the AIPrefs file, reopened Illustrator, and found that the default settings did not reappear. Illustrator actually brought back the most currently save settings and resaved as the new AIPrefs file in my settings folder. Is this a glitch between Vista and CS2??

Thanks for your assistance,
Yvette

...technically CS2 on vista isn't supported by adobe, cs3 on vista is...

...not to say cs2 on vista doesn't work, it is just that cs2 was around before vista came out...

...some users don't experience any issues while others seem to...

...sometimes you can get older software working using the properties compatibility mode:

...if illustrator is really problematic when using you may also want to try removing the whole "Adobe Illustrator CS2 Settings" folder out of the "Roaming" folder (rather than just the aiprefs)...

andrew

Andrew,

Can you pls advise on where to find the installation directory to change the compatibility mode?? Cannot find it on my computer. Thanks,

Yvette

Andrew,

I was able to return to default settings by deleting the entire Adobe Illustrator CS2 Settings folder from the Roaming folder. Thanks again!

...compatibility mode is found on the properties of an application, right click an application icon and choose "properties", from there you can choose the compatibility tab in the resulting window...

...anyway, pleased your now up and running...

andrew

...also your installation directory for applications is in the folder "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" depending on if the apps are 32bit or 64bit. 32 bit apps go in the "Program Files (x86)" directory, which is where you will proabbly find creative suite installed...

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back