Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues connecting PP8600s with Cisco Routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

layer227

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2007
CA
I have 2 core 8600s with IST between them, we recently went with this new vendor Telesat for satellite hook up to our remote sites. They have installed 2 Cisco 2800s at our location running 10mb switched ethernet service each taking us back to the teleport.

The service provider is telling me that these ciscos are configured with HSRP and this will come up when these interfaces will connect to my switches. On my 8600s I have setup a VLAN for this new network and have added a static route or this new network with a next hop pointing to the ciscos virtual IP. I can ping the virtual IP from my switches.

The service provider is telling me that his HSRP is not coming up because my vlan is not configured right....does anyone know what i might be missing.

Thanks,
A

No the 2 cisco routers are unable to see each other. See below..

york-rtr1#sh stand br

P indicates configured to preempt.

|

Interface Grp Pri P State Active Standby Virtual IP

Gi0/1 1 105 P Active local unknown 10.10.3.25

re-built the MLT on my switches, I'm getting different results now lets see if it works, waiting for serive provider's response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back