Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues between Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft outlook ?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mboatwr

Technical User
Apr 7, 2010
US
I am having random crashes with Adobe Acrobat Standard 9. These crashes just started in March. I am verifying electronic versions of archived legal dockets/documents and scanning missed, bad images and never before scanned documents.

There are 4 other people in the office that have Adobe and scan also. However, only two of us do this full time day in and day out. But, I do the higher volume.

The last two times I only had Adobe and Outlook open on my computer. Basically, the pages are scanned, I am trying to do an email and before the image is released so I can save the document - "Adobe has incountered an problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I have had both 9.0 and 9.3.1 versions of Adobe since March 1. The scanner has been switched out, my profile has been trashed, I have gotten a different cpu, more RAM, Adobe has been re-installed several times, Twain driver to scanner has been re-installed (up to newest and then back down to a previous version) - the only thing that has not been changed out has been the monitor and the usb cable from the scanner.

I wonder if there is a conflict between Outlook and Adobe. Or if there is some piece of hardware that is over heating or something. It is all frustrating!

Some applications hog memory, and need to be opened last. I have a similar problem with the Lotus Notes thick client.
To avoid the problem I open my Acrobat Professional first, then my content managment apps, Remedy client, my web browser, and tne Notes client last. You'd open your Outlook client last. See if that helps !
Also - the scanned images may be very large files. Be sure to save them to your local drive, and then open the local copy. Acrobat will be trying to create a temporary file, and if you open the scanned file from a network location, Adobe will try to create the temporary file in the same place. Big files trying to go up and down the same network pipe at the same time is a problem trying to happen. Local working files avoid it completely.

Fred Wagner

Fred,

Like I said the crashes have been rather random and it was just recently that the only other program I had open other than Adobe was Outlook. And, as a matter of fact Outlook is the first program opened on my PC each morning. So I will definitely try your suggestion.

Thanks for all your help with this and the other issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back