Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with tie lines between sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneE

Programmer
Feb 22, 2007
AU
Hi guys just a quick question that has been bugging me. We have 4 sites interconnected but one site has been giving me grief. Lets call site (A) the problem site, and site (B) one of the other 3 sites.

I have two sites both Running an Option 11C that are connected by 2 meg link. When a user at site (A) calls another user accross the tie line and the destination number has not been call forwarded the call proceeds correctly.
If they call forward to a local number, 1800, 1300 etc the call still proceeds correctly and ends up at the forwarded location.

But when the user at site (B) has their phone forwarded to their mobile phone, i get a Telstra message saying the call cannot be completed.

It is like the call is leaving site (A) getting to site (B) and seeing the forward to the users mobile, attempts to make the forward and then cracks it and i receive an external message set by the carrier.

Wouldnt this theoretically be the same if they forwarded to any other external number then?

Out of all the other sites this is not a problem, it is just the one site that has the issue. Any ideas as to why the forward to mobile wont work but you can forward to a 1800 number which is longer?

Im confused :)

Thanks in advance

Shane

you can collect the DCH msg on the outgoing to mobile line and check the reject cause, and then decide how to do next step...
question: it is the same area-wide dialing-plan especially for mobile-call between the site A and other sites?

I once had a similar error when forwarding to a local cell phone using 9+nnx.nnnn. I determined if I forwarded to 9+1npa-nxx-nnnn the call would go through.

Even through the call went out the same route, there was something between my system and the cell provider that appreciated that NPA.

Finally, with BARS I set up all local NXX calls to insert the NPA - since we are in perpetual permissive dialing in our NPA (7 or 11 for intra-NPA calls)

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

You could also be looking at a NCOS or TGAR/TARG issue when dialing from site B to site A.

Depending on the type of signaling you are using on the RDB, site B will either use the NCOS/TGAR of the site B trunk, or the TCOS (traveling COS) of the Site A telephone set to determine routing eligibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back