Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with Outlook 2003 not closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddy138

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2002
US
I don't know if this is an Exchange issue or Outlook issue, so I'm posting this twice. Sorry, but I'm getting desperate.

Exchange 2003, running on Windows 2000, SP3 with latest set of patches. Outlook 2003 (either right out of the box or with the latest Office 2003 downloads), running on Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 w/Terminal Services, latest patches for either.
Periodically, when you close Outlook, either by the X button, or the File/Exit menu, the GUI exits, but the process does not. You can wait until St. Swivens Day and it will never close itself. If you try and run Outlook again, it will either generate a generic failure notice that it could not start Outlook (XP) or will just not start, giving you no prompts (2003).
I can see no ryhme nor reason for this. Some users are using Archives, some are not (will fail for both). All mail is stored on the Exchange server, no one is syncing to local.

Microsoft has nothing at all on this and I've seen a couple postings on other boards with no resolutions. Help?! :(

I have the same problem on my XP box. I'm the only one running OL2003. We use MDaemon.

It happens sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. Pain in the ass. I haven't been able to find out what causes it. Sometimes I think it's related to other apps running, but that isn't born out by testing. Damn!

Hopefully someone will be able to come up with something on this.

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back