Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with one user, two mailboxes, indicator light, delayed messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynabass

Technical User
Aug 2, 2011
US
I need a bit of help with one of our voicemail users complaints. Here is the issue and my research so far:

Issue: She is complaining that she is not being notified via the indicator light on her 9620 phone when she has voicemails waiting, or at least there is a delay in notification.

Research: The user has a personal mailbox, as well as access to a 'Sickness call in' mailbox. The way it is set up is her personal extension, as well as a second virtual ext for the call in line. Both are set to turn on the message indicator light, and the subscribers extension on the call in line is set to her personal extension.

I believe what is happening is that she will check the call in line first, thus turning off the indicator light. However, she will still have voicemails in her personal box, and the system does not check to see if it needs to turn the light back on for her. So while I believe this is all user error, I was wondering if there is a way we can forward the sick line messages to her personal box, thereby causing the indicator to light up regardless of what actual mailbox the messages are for. Anyone ever run into this issue? Thanks for any and all replies!

What type of voicemail system is this?

In the Octel world whether 200/300 (Serenade) or 250/350 (Aria) the light is on the primary extension.

yes you can (, I was wondering if there is a way we can forward the sick line messages to her personal box, thereby causing the indicator to light up regardless of what actual mailbox the messages are for)but we need to know the type of Octel and what options you have turned on in menu 13-7

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back