Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with LDAP Search and Sorting on Avaya J139 IP Phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elsa.bet

Systems Engineer
Apr 16, 2024
ET
The LDAP display works, but I'm unable to search by name or sort alphabetically on my Avaya J139 IP phone. When attempting to search by starting with a specific word, the screen shows 'LDAP search unsuccessful due to server error. Return code=23104

? Are you doing LDAP from the phone or from the IP Office

On IP Office, the J139 phone gets all the directory entries from the IP Office system, and that will include LDAP import into the IP Office's system directory.

If you're doing LDAP searches direct from the phone, then its not working in the IP Office support configuration.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I've successfully configured the LDAP server on the IP Office via the 46xxsettings.txt file, and it's working perfectly on the Avaya Vantage 175. However, on the Avaya J139, while the LDAP is displayed and lists the usernames and extension numbers, I'm unable to search for specific names as desired.

j139_b7cbtt.jpg

Not supported. Configure the IP Office to do the LDAP import into its system directory. It then shares that with the phones.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back