Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with Labelview ODBC - Excel 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiggyS1

Programmer
Oct 6, 2008
CA
I am losing my mind dealing with Labelview (8.03), prior to upgrading to Excel 2007, we would save Excel files as "dbf" files and then link to the dbf to print labels from the datalist.

Excel 2007 does not support saving as dbf types, so I looked for alternatives, I decided to use an OLE db connection..it seemed pretty straight forward...I use a macro, set a named range for the data.... then from labelview I create the ole connection pointing to the file... I make the label, select the OLE connection from field source... etc.. it works most of the time but when it craps (due to bad data) out I get wrong data printing...eg it always seems to revert to printing the data from the first column even though the field name is calling for the one in the 3rd colmn...so I find the only way to fix is to change the field source name to another field, then change it back and it works!!!

It's very fussy, has anyone else experienced this.? Can you suggest a better way to connect to datalist with labelview?

thanks

Hey Ziggy

In the past I have had some problems using LabelView, then a friend recommended that I use the Label Software by IDAutomation. I can export my Excel sheet right in the the software as an external source and embed the data to create barcode labels. It seems to work for me.

I believe I found the software here:

And they have videos on YouTube that have helped me complete tasks.

I'm kinda stuck with labelview, my preference would be to buy WASP barcodes and then I would develop in Access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back